Friday, October 15, 2010

Week 8- Digital Storytelling

This week I learned how to make a video on animoto.com. I was able to use my pictures from my Study Abroad trip in England this summer and put them in slides to music. I also learned about the history of audio formats dating back to the 1800s to the present. I also read an article about popular audio formats in technology today.

I can use what I learned this week about digital storytelling and making movies on the computer in my own classroom when I become a teacher. I could find some pictures that represent what the students may be studying and put them together with music to make a movie. Presenting the pictures digitally to music would probably engage the students more, and it would help them to pay attention to the lesson better.

Here is a link to the video that I made on animoto.com this week:
Study Abroad Trip to England



The video above I found on youtube and it is a very good example of digital storytelling. It retells the story of Animal Farm written by George Orwell. The story is told through text and pictures that represent what the text is saying. The story is also played to music which sort of sets the mood of the story. I could make a movie like this when I become a teacher, and retell other stories that the children may be reading in class so that they could better understand the stories. The digital storytelling would also act as a visual aide for the students who learn better visually.

No comments:

Post a Comment