Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week 7- Visual Literacy

This week I learned how to use Photoshop. I did the photoshop tutorial project in class and learned how to customized backgrounds in pictures and also learned how to import my own pictures on Photoshop. I also learned about layering and found out that if you do not label your layers it makes it difficult to create your project. This week I also learned more about visual literacy and digital storytelling.

It is important that I learn how to use Photoshop as an elementary education major because I could use Photoshop in my future classroom in order to customize pictures for particular projects that we may be doing. Visual literacy and digital storytelling are also important because they can be used as alternative ways of teaching the children, instead of just standing in front of the class and lecturing all day. The visual literacy and the digital storytelling can help the children who are visual learners learn the same concepts in a more efficient way.



This video that I found on youtube presents a way that you can cut out the background of a picture and change it to a different background. The video tells the viewer how to do this through written directions on slides and by showing them how to do it. The video uses visual literacy to explain the directions of using Photoshop. This video relates to what I learned in class this week because it explains how to use a part of Photoshop and it uses visual literacy, which is also something that I have been learning about in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment