Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 5- Tech Tools for Critical Thinking

This week I learned how to use Webspiration and Inspiration. I watched a few short videos that showed how to make concept maps, and they also showed exampled of how they can be used in the classroom. I actually made a concept map that was on the social tools that can be used in education. Then I looked at a powerpoint presentation about different learning styles and theories. I took two quizzes that told me the best ways that I learn information. According to the quizzes I learn information best by using all three learning styles, kinesthetic, auditory and visual, all at once. I learn by sight, sound, and doing hands-on activities. I learn the best by doing hands-on activites though. I also learned how to use the online tool Wordle this week.

It was important that I learned how to use the Webspiration and Inspiration web tools this week. I could use these tools when I become a teacher. I could use Inspiration to make pre-writing concept maps with my class when I am teaching them how to brainstorm ideas for the stories that they write. It was also beneficial for me to learn about the different learning styles that there are so that I can make sure to incorporate activities that are geered toward each learning style when I have my own class. Children learn in many different ways, so it is important for the teacher to have a variety of teaching strategies to accomodate for each child.



This video from youtube describes the different learning styles: the kinesthetic learning style, the auditory learning style, and the visual learning style. It also informs you on how you can incorporate each learning style in your teaching so that every student is able to be engaged in what is being taught in the lesson. This video goes along with what I learned this week because it emphasizes the different learning styles that there are.

No comments:

Post a Comment