Sunday, September 12, 2010

Web Technology

This week I was able to look at Web 2.0 tools that can be used for communication, classroom tools, and for other usage. The tools that I looked at were Kidopo, Radiotime, and Learnboost. There were many different sites to use for fast communication amongst friends such as facebook, twitter, and myspace as well. Many of the tools and applications on this site could be used as short cuts and conveniences for different jobs. I also learned about copyrighting and what is protected in copyrighting and what is not by watching a power point presentation on it. I also learned about the No Child Left Behind Act, and just how important it is for teachers to know how to use technology and implement it into their classrooms.

Since my major is elementary education I would be able to use many of the tools that I looked at on Web 2.0. There was a way that you could work on your grade books online, and their were many fun and educational games and activities on Kidopo that I could use in my classroom as well. Learning about the No Child Left Behind Act could also help me through my career in education as well.

Here is a link to a speech that Barack Obama has made concerning the No Child Left Behind Act. In this video he explains what he is going to do in schools to make sure that there is sufficient funding for schools so that all children will hopefully be able to perform on grade level or close to grade level. I picked this video because it was on one of the topics that we were learning about this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsVimwm6xQ4

No comments:

Post a Comment