Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week 4: Multimedia and Hypermedia

This week I looked at a powerpoint presentation concerning designing instructional media and I learned about the dos and don'ts of using powerpoint, and what you should use and what you should not use excessively. Then I looked at another powerpoint presentation on Multimedia and Hypermedia and was able to view two videos on youtube on these subjects. The videos were very graphic and they not only told you about what these terms meant, but they also showed you what they meant. I also learned about the different parts of the url of a website, and how you can figure out if a website is real or just created by someone unofficial.

  What I learned this week can be applied to my major because I can use what I learned about powerpoint and designing instruction media to make presentations to instruct my class one day. Also, I found it very important and interesting to learn about how you can find out the origin of a website and who created it. When I am a teacher and I ask the students to do a research paper, I want to make sure that they are using reliable sources in their papers.



This is a video that somewhat explains what multimedia is and it is a video that contains multimedia in it. The video does contain sound, animation, moving and still words and pictures so this video uses many types of media to convey its message to whomever is watching it. Through all of these types of media that are used that message can be more easily conveyed to the watcher because it allows the video to be more interesting and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment