Saturday, November 27, 2010

Week 14- Using for Games for Teaching and Learning

This week I learned about how you can implement games and computer technology into the classroom so that students can learn their academic material through these games. I participated in a discussion forum where I talked about my early experiences with academic computer games when I was in second grade, and I was able to learn about and respond to my classmates' early experiences with computer games as well. I also learned this week about the virtual learning that happened through the computer game Second Life.

I can apply what I learned about educational computer gaming to my major, which is elementary education. I think that it would be very beneficial if I let my future students use computer games for part of their learning because it will keep them engaged in the activities, and they will be able to learn what they need to for the curriculum. I think that Second Life is a very interesting computer game, and I think that it would be very beneficial for students to use this game so that they can get a virtual first-hand experience of what they are learning in the classroom.



I found the above video on you tube. This video shows some different educational computer games that could be used in elementary school classrooms. These games could probably be used in a second or third grade classroom because the children are learning multiplication through the first game that is played. This video shows just how easy games can be integrated into the material that is taught to students in elementary classrooms. The students learn a lot and they enjoy playing the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment