Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week 12- Open Source Software

This week I watched a video about open source software. The video informed me about the different types of open source software that is available for free online. I was also able to explore some of the open sources online, and I responded to a discussion forum. I was able to share my opinion on using open source software and cloud computing on the discussion forum.

I think that open source software and cloud computing is very useful and will be very be helpful for when I become a teacher. The best part about using these tools is that they are all free, and that is good because teachers do not earn a lot of money. Cloud computing is also a very efficient tool for people who need to communicate and give documents to each other, but they may not have enough time to meet with each other, like teachers.



I found the above video on you tube and it explains how cloud computing has become an important part of sharing assignments in this teacher's classroom. The teacher explains how each of her sixth grade students has a Google docs account and is able to turn in their assignments to the teacher through using Google docs. The students are able to see each other's work, give feedback and receive feedback on the assignments that they are doing in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment